Historic Markers Across Alabama



Grassy Memorial Chapel and Cemetery



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: at the intersection of Alabama Route 64 and County Road 89, Lexington, Alabama
County: Lauderdale
Coordinates: N 34° 58.297    W 087° 17.997
  34.97161666    -87.29995
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Established in 1894 as New Salem Presbyterian Church. Originally affiliated with the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, the first recorded meeting was held 1897, William White, Pastor. The Church became affiliated with Presbyterian U.S.A. in 1907. In 1976, it became the property of the Grassy community under the direction of New Salem Cemetery Inc. Grassy Memorial Cemetery Inc. was formed in 1998 by the Grassy community to direct the operation of the Chapel and Cemetery. May this Chapel continue to serve the families of Grassy in the future as it has in the past.

Erected 2002 by Alabama Historical Association.







End of Grassy Memorial Chapel and Cemetery