Historic Markers Across Alabama



Macedonia Church of Christ



Marker ID:  
Location: on County Road 158 west of Road 5, Florence, Alabama
County: Lauderdale
Coordinates: N 34° 55.089    W 087° 52.063
  34.91815    -87.86771666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Tracing its roots to the early 1800's. The Macedonia Baptist Church originally met in homes with Joseph Fanning, visiting evangelist. In 1834, J.W. Smith supervised a building on this site. In 1880, T.B. Larimore, an evangelsit among Churches of Christ was asked to preach. The group then changed its name to Macedonia Church of Christ. This church has made a powerful local and world~wide impact. Its adjoining cemetery is the resting place for many of the country's beloved sons and daughters.

Erected by Florence Historic Board Florence Alabama.








End of Macedonia Church of Christ