Historic Markers Across Alabama



Sannoner Historic District



Marker ID:  
Location: on North Court Street, Florence AL
County: Lauderdale
Coordinates: N 34° 48.251    W 087° 40.692
  34.80418333    -87.6782
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMHG2Y
 



Text:

Named for Ferdinand Sannoner, who surveyed the town of Florence for the Cypress Land Company in 1818, the district contains twenty-five structures on North Court and North Pine Streets. Wealth planters, lawyers and merchants occupied the six fine antebellum homes: Courtview (1855) Gov. Edward Asbury O'Neal (1840's), Irvine Place (1843), Conner Place (1854), Wakefield (1820's) and Hickory Place (James Irvine's House 1832.) Other structures date from the late nineteenth century and early twentieth centuries.

Erected by Florence Historical Board Florence Alabama.







End of Sannoner Historic District