Historic Markers Across Alabama



Auburn - Alabama



Marker ID: DAR 
Location: at the intersection of South College St (Al Route 147) and Magnolia Ave, in the median on South College St, Auburn, AL
County: Lee
Coordinates: N 32° 36.38    W 085° 28.905
  32.60633333    -85.48175
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Settled by Judge J. J. Harper and others
from Harris County, Georgia, in 1836.
This region was opened to settlement
in 1836-37 by the removal of the
Creek Indians to lands west
of the Mississippi River.

Erected by
The Alabama Officers Club
Daughters of the American Revolution
March 14, 1934







End of Auburn - Alabama