Historic Markers Across Alabama



Mooresville - Incorporated in 1818



Marker ID: DAR 
Location: at the intersection of Old Highway 20 and Mooresville Road, v
County: Limestone
Coordinates: N 34° 37.658    W 086° 52.802
  34.62763333    -86.88003333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Mooresville
Incorporated in 1818


Post office contains original call boxes
Old tavern, 1817 used as stagecoach stop
Red Brick Methodist church 1817
U.S. Gen. James A Garfield was stationed here 1862
White frame church is more than a century old
Andrew Johnson was apprenticed tailor here
Neoclassic architecture

Erected 1971 by Alabama Society Daughters of the American Revolution.







End of Mooresville - Incorporated in 1818