Historic Markers Across Alabama



Mooresville Brick Church



Marker ID:  
Location: at 4792 Broad St., Mooresville, Alabama
County: Limestone
Coordinates: N 34° 37.591    W 086° 52.768
  34.62651666    -86.87946666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Completed by 1839 this Greek Revival Structure was probably under construction for several years. On November 18, 1838 Alabama's 2nd Governor, Thomas Bibb and his wife Pamela deeded this property to William K. Adams, Monroe F. Moses and James Allison trustees of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church. This denomination retained title but over the years permitted the Baptist and Methodist to meet here. Outstanding religious leaders who preached here were Cumberland Presbyterians "Father" Robert Donnell, the early leader and Constantine Blackmon Snaders, the "X+Y=Z Preacher" as well as Methodist Clare Purcell later Bishop of the North Ala., West Fla. and Central Conferences.

Erected 1972 by National Register of Historic Places Mooresville Historic District.







End of Mooresville Brick Church