Historic Markers Across Alabama



Flint River Primitive Baptist Church



Marker ID:  
Location: on Moontown Road south of Ryland Pike, Ryland, Alabama
County: Madison
Coordinates: N 34° 45.899    W 086° 27.385
  34.76498333    -86.45641666
Style: Carved Stone **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Commemorating the first organized church in
Alabama. Established Oct. 2, 1808, upon the
Doctrine of Salvation by Grace, as attested by
her Articles of Faith.
The first building was erected 1 mi. N.E.

Articles of Faith
We believe:
1. In only one true and living God, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost.
2. That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of god, and the only rule of faith and practice.
3. In the doctrine of election, and that God chose his people in Christ before the foundation of the world.
4. In the doctrine of original sin.
5. In man's impotency to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by nature, by his own free will and ability.
6. That sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
7. That God's elect shall be called, converted, and regenerated and sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
8. That the saints shall persevere in grace and never fall finally away.
9. That baptism, the Lord's Supper, and washing the saints feet are ordinances of Jesus Christ, and that true believers are the only subjects of these ordinances, and the true mode of baptism is immersion.
10. In the resurrection of the dead and in a general judgment.
11. That the punishment of the wicked and the joys of the righteous will be eternal.
12. That no minister has the right to ordinance administration, only such as are regularly baptized, called and come under the imposition of hands by a Presbytery.
13. That none but regularly baptized members have a right to commune at the Lord's Table.
Any laying claim to this church or her birthright not holding fast this faith and practice, are impostors.

Erected 1955 by Flint River Primitive Baptist Church.







End of Flint River Primitive Baptist Church