Historic Markers Across Alabama



Jefferson Methodist Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: At the church on Jefferson Rd, Demopolis, AL
County: Marengo
Coordinates: N 32° 23.175    W 087° 53.686
  32.38625    -87.89476666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM5YEZ
 



Text:

Built on two acres of land deeded by John D. Catlin, May 30, 1842, to Daniel E. Ellis, James Turner, David Compton and John Besteder, trustee of Methodist Episcopal Church known as Asbury Meeting House.

This early Greek Revival building was dedicated on the first Sunday in June, 1856, by the Reverend Phillip Phillips Neely, minister from Marion, Alabama.

Services held 2nd and 4th Sundays, 9 a.m.








End of Jefferson Methodist Church