Historic Markers Across Alabama



Pre-Civil War Cemetery



Marker ID:  
Location: on West Main Street (Alabama Route 205), Albertville, Alabama
County: Marshall
Coordinates: N 34° 16.177    W 086° 12.912
  34.26961666    -86.2152
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The West Main Street Cemetery was established in the late 1850’s by the Jones Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church, South, which was located nearby. Among notable persons buried here are: Thomas A. Albert (1796-1876), for whom Albertville is named; W. M. Coleman (1860-1926), the city’s first mayor; and L. S. Emmett (1841-1903), a pioneer merchant.

Erected 1971 by Chamber of Commerce Historical Committee.







End of Pre-Civil War Cemetery