Historic Markers Across Alabama



Government Street Presbyterian Church



Marker ID:  
Location: corner of Government Street and Jackson Street
County: Mobile
Coordinates: N 30° 41.367    W 088° 02.681
  30.68945    -88.04468333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMNE44
 



Text:

Government Street Presbyterian Church


Founded, with 21 members, in 1831, by Rev. John B. Warren. This sanctuary erected 1834. Designated by the U.S. Dept. of the Interior as one of America's historic buildings. Presbyterian mother church for Southern Alabama.

Erected in 1951 by Historic Mobile Preservation Society.







End of Government Street Presbyterian Church