Historic Markers Across Alabama



400 Government Street 1860 (Ketchum House-Cathedral Rectory)



Marker ID:  
Location: 400 Government Street, Mobile, AL
County: Mobile
Coordinates: N 30° 41.324    W 088° 02.748
  30.68873333    -88.0458
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMNGZE
 



Text:

Ante-bellum town mansion of W.H. Ketchum.


Commandeered as Headquarters of Union Army by General E.R.S.Canby, who occupied Mobile on April 12, 1865. Since 1906 used as Cathedral Rectory and home of the Bishop of Mobile.







End of 400 Government Street 1860 (Ketchum House-Cathedral Rectory)