Historic Markers Across Alabama



Bethel Missionary Baptist Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: Mill St., Montgomery, AL
County: Montgomery
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Organized in 1967 as the Second Colored Baptist Church, congregation later changed named to Bethel Missionary Baptist. First building in 1908. Rev. E.W. Pickett then conducted services in "Love and Charity Hall" until second structure built in 1912 in same neighborhood but different site. In 1943, church remodeled under leadership of Rev. H.H. Hubbard. During the ministry of Rev. Edward Martin, the members, having outgrown the old building, built present edifice. Congregation has taken active role in social ministry, contributing to the well-being of the community. Cornerstone reflects its philosophy: "Home of Amazing Grace and Headquarters of the Holy Ghost."







End of Bethel Missionary Baptist Church