Historic Markers Across Alabama



Pisgah Primitive Baptist Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: Gardner Road south of Pisgah Road, Grady, AL
County: Montgomery
Coordinates: N 31° 59.741    W 086° 07.066
  31.99568333    -86.11776666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMKZTM
 



Text:

Constituted on August 27, 1842 on this site with six charter members including Moses and Sarah Rushton, Susannah Rushton, William and Emily Miley, and James Gardner. First structure built of logs by master carpenter Jesse Yon on land given by Moses Rushton, who moved to Montgomery County from Orangeburg District S.C.
Present Colonial Revival building completed in 1931. Architect was Frank W. Lockwood and landscape architect was Graham M. Rushton.








End of Pisgah Primitive Baptist Church