Historic Markers Across Alabama



The First Offices of the Confederate Government



Marker ID: UDC 
Location: 105 Commerce St, Montgomery, AL
County: Montgomery
Coordinates: N 32° 22.733    W 086° 18.666
  32.37888333    -86.3111
Style: Carved Stone **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The First Offices of the Confederate Government




Here
were located

The First Offices
of The
Confederate Government
From
Feb. 22, 1861
To
May 21, 1861.


Secondary marker
This historic
marker relocated
on this original
site by Preceptor
Delta Chapter,
Beta Sigma Phi,
on June 2, 1978.



Erected 911 by Sophie Bibb, Chapter, U.D.C.







End of The First Offices of the Confederate Government