Historic Markers Across Alabama



Goshen Substation



Marker ID: AHC 
Location: on County Road 5 north of County Road 28, Goshen, Alabama
County: Pike
Coordinates: N 31° 43.614    W 086° 7.266
  31.7269    -86.1211
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WME18E
 



Text:

South Alabama Electric Cooperative’s Goshen Substation provided the first electric energy to rural Pike County. The station was energized at 11:26 A.M. on April 4, 1938. The first 86 miles of electric lines served 170 members.

The cooperative was established on June 17, 1937 and serves members in Pike, Crenshaw, Coffee, Bullock, Montgomery and Butler counties. The original Board of Trustees were: J. H. Beasley, Sam K. Adams, George W. Gilmore, V. G. Perdue, J. N. Wallace.

Erected 1987 by Alabama Historical Commission.








End of Goshen Substation