Historic Markers Across Alabama



Philadelphia Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: on North Main Street (Route 93) 0.2 miles north of 7th Avenue, Brundidge, AL
County: Pike
Coordinates: N 31° 44.221    W 085° 49.145
  31.73701666    -85.81908333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMH4KC
 



Text:

First Presbyterian Church in Pike County


Side 1:
Organized largely by members of Beaver Creek Presbyterian Church near Camden, South Carolina.
The petitioned Presbytery of South Alabama Oct. 18, 1839 and were officially established as a church April 3, 1840.

Church was dissolved in April 1917.


Side 2:
Officers during the life of church: 1840-1917
ELDERS - R.R., S.R., J.W., J.A. McLure; J.M. Thompson; E. Ruffin; S. Smyth; B.H. Boyd; J.A. Ramsay; G.C. Barnette; J.D. and Dr. J.A. McEachern.

DEACONS - John and Dr. J.A. McEachern, John W., Thomas C., Henry M., Richard U. McLure; W.F. Ferrell; W.A.E. Helms.

MINISTERS - D.S. McCormick; A.M. Mooney; M.A. Patterson; A. McMillan; J.M. Peu; G.W. Butler; F.M. McMurry; J. McKee; R.H. Hall; G.R. Foster; R. Kirkpatrick; W.H. White and J.C. Sturgeon.

Erected 1963 by Alabama Historical Association.







End of Philadelphia Presbyterian Church