Historic Markers Across Alabama



Shackelford Hall



Marker ID:  
Location: in front of Shackelford Hall on the campus of Troy University, Troy, Alabama
County: Pike
Coordinates: N 31° 47.979    W 085° 57.295
  31.79965    -85.95491666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Built during 1929, Shackelford Hall opened to students in September 1930. It was named for the institution’s president Edward Madison Shackelford, who served from 1899 to 1936. Adjoining this building was the original dining facility for the campus. The magnolia-lined quad is also part of the original plan for the Troy campus designed by the Olmsted Brothers of Brookline, Massachusetts.

Erected by Troy University.







End of Shackelford Hall