Historic Markers Across Alabama



First Baptist Church of Springville



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: Wilson St. at Robinson Street in Springville, AL
County: St. Clair
Coordinates: N 33° 46.88    W 086° 28.20
  33.78149    -86.47002
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMD2GQ
 



Text:

First Baptist Church of Springville
Organized March 22, 1817


Originally chartered at Mt. Zion Baptist Church. Charter member and first Pastor was Sion Blythe who served for 17 years. The oldest church in St. Clair Association. Presbyterian and Methodist denominations used the church building before turn of the century. Name of church changed to Springville Baptist in 1877 and to First Baptist Church of Springville, 1974.

Erected 1977 by Alabama Historical Association.







End of First Baptist Church of Springville