Historic Markers Across Alabama



First Baptist Church 1838



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: 178 S Tallassee St, Dadeville, AL
County: Tallapoosa
Coordinates: N 32° 49.789    W 085° 45.877
  32.82981666    -85.76461666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMRD92
 



Text:

Fletcher Napoleon Farrington, Sr.
1962 – 1968
County Agent and Civic Leader


Dadeville First Baptist Church was organized on December 1, 1838. The initial congregation of nine communtty members. banding together to serve Christ, met first in a home and then in the Masonic Lodge. The first sanctuary, built in 1854 on Lafayette Street, was destroyed by fire in 1910. It was replaced by a magnificent new building in 1911 on this site. On September 4, 1964, the current sanctuary was dedicated to the glory of God and to His service.
For the Lord is good, his mercy is everlasting, and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100:5
Dedicated on this 8th day of December 2013, in honor of the 175th Anniversary Celebration of Dadeville First Baptist Church.

Erected by Alabama Historical Commission.







End of First Baptist Church 1838