Historic Markers Across Alabama



University Club



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: at the intersection of University Blvd. and Queen City Avenue, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
County: Tuscaloosa
Coordinates: N 33° 12.728    W 087° 33.61
  33.21213333    -87.56016666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Built 1834 by James Dearing. Purchased by Arthur P. Bagby who occupied the house 1837-41 while Governor of Alabama and since known as the Governor's Mansion. Presented to the University of Alabama 1944 by Herbert David Warner and Mildred Westervelt Warner.

Erected 1972 by Alabama Historical Association.







End of University Club