Historic Markers Across Alabama



Northport First United Methodist Church



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: on Main Avenue, Northport, Alabama
County: Tuscaloosa
Coordinates: N 33° 13.248    W 087° 34.758
  33.2208    -87.5793
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Organized 1837, moved to present location, 1849, where churches have been rebuilt in 1855 and 1913.

The bell of this church sounded the tocsin at the approach of Gen. John T. Croxton’s Union troops in the their raid on Tuscaloosa, April 3, 1865.

Erected 1971 by Alabama Historical Association.







End of Northport First United Methodist Church