Historic Markers Across Alabama



Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church



Marker ID: AHC 
Location:
County: Tuscaloosa
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

This congregation was organized in 1888 with 25 members and the Reverend Lucious Jones was the first pastor. The church was located at two different sites on the Greensboro highway before moving to 24th street in 1913, where the surrounding community has become known as "Elizabeth Quarters." The present building was constructed in 1959 and is the third one at this location; later additions have been made.







End of Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church