Historic Markers Across Alabama



Camden Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: AHC 
Location: On Broad St at Fail St, Camden, AL
County: Wilcox
Coordinates: N 31° 59.672    W 087° 17.606
  31.99453333    -87.29343333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMHYQ2
 



Text:

This building was constructed c. 1849 as a Cumberland Presbyterian Church. The Camden Associate Reformed Presbyterian congregation was organized in September 1890 in the parlor of the W. J. Bonner home. There were twelve charter members. This building was purchased soon after. B. M. Miller, Governor of Alabama 1931-35, was an original trustee & deacon. In 1906 the structure was remodeled, with the front portico being enclosed & a new steeple added.

Erected 1988 in memory of the Rev. Renwick C. Kennedy, D. D. pastor of this congregation 1927-74







End of Camden Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church