Historic Markers Across Alabama



First Presbyterian Church of Camden



Marker ID: AHA 
Location: Broad St. west of Union St, Camden, AL
County: Wilcox
Coordinates: N 31° 59.643    W 087° 17.542
  31.99405    -87.29236666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMHYQ1
 



Text:

Organized April 3, 1845 by a Commission of Southern Alabama Presbytery to serve the community of Camden in Wilcox County. Originally known as the Old School Presbyterian Church, its first congregation numbered twenty-three. First Ruling Elders were Alexander McLeod and W. B. Patton. Original church building, erected in 1856, burned on September 17, 1869. Present building constructed in the mid-1880s.







End of First Presbyterian Church of Camden