Madison County (39)

Historic Markers Across Florida

 

Madison County was created on 1827.

The county seat is in Madison, FL.,
and the county is 692  Square Miles in area.



  Click here to visit the Madison county home page.

  FIPS Code: 12079

  Information about Madison County, Florida, from Wikipedia.

  US Census Quick Facts about Madison County.

 

There are 30 Historic Markers in Madison County.

Captain Richard G. Bradford   -   FLHM F-14
  SW corner of Range & Basin Streets, in front of Co WM4MAY      

City of Madison   -   FLHM F-132
  South Rutledge at South Horry on City Hall grounds. WM4MB1      

Concord Missionary Baptist Church Site of the Founding of the Florida Baptist Convention   -    
  at the church on NW 140th St near NW Heron Dr., Madison, FL WMHQW8      

Dial-Goza house   -   FLHM F-361
  In front of Dial-Goza House WM4MBA      

Drew Mansion site / The Town of Ellaville   -   FLHM F-200
  Vicinity of Suwannee River State Park on U.S. 90 WMFNMH      

First Baptist church 1898 sanctuary   -   FLHM F-296
  Orange & Pickney Streets. WM7N77      

John C. McGehee   -   FLHM 
  C.R. 158 southwest of Madison. WM79WY      

John Hicks and Hickstown   -   FLHM 
  on U.S. 90 West of Madison      

Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church   -    
  on U.S. 90 East, Madison WMBKMM      

Madison County Training School   -    
  Mosley Hall Rd, west of Madison, FL WM7AXE      

Madison Oak Ridge Cemetery   -   FLHM F-185
  601 N.W. Washington Street. WM85RZ      

Middle Florida Missionary Baptist Association   -    
  on U.S. 90 East, Madison WMBKMM      

Organization of the Florida Baptist Convention   -    
  Four Freedoms Park, Madison, FL. WM4MAW      

Pioneer Hickstown Baptist Church - First Baptist Church of Madison   -   FLHM F-175
  along U.S. 90. WM4MB4      

Ray Charles Childhood Home   -   FLHM F-651
  on Ray Charles Road formerly(Western Ave) Greenville, FL WM79XR      

Seminole Indian War Blockhouse   -    
  Four Freedoms Park, Madison, FL. WM4M8X      

Shiloh Melodist Church   -    
  S.R. 146, northwest of Madison      

Shiloh Methodist Church   -    
  on County Road 205th St, Maidson, FL WMHQWG      

Site of San Pedro - Spanish mission and first county seat of Madison County   -   FLHM 
  on S.R. 360, near junction with S.R. 14.      

St. Johns Seminary of Learning   -   FLHM F-181
  202 North Duval Street. WM4MJ0      

St. Mary's Episcopal Church   -   FLHM F-797
  140 NE Horry Ave, Madison, FL WMM902      

Steam Engine of the Florida Manufacturing Company   -    
  S Range St north of W. Brooklyn Ave. WM4MJ5      

Suwannee River Junior College   -   FLHM F-674
  on County Road 360A Maidson, FL WM79XE      

The Ellaville Post Office Frontier Columbus on the Suwannee River   -    
  North Lake Francis Drive, Madison, FL WMHQVX      

The Florida Manufacturing Company - world's largest sea island cotton processing plant   -   FLHM 
  900 South Range Street. WM2WWJ      

The Four Freedoms Monument   -   FLHM F-178
  City Park, U.S. 90. (Base & Range Street). WM4JRY      

The town of Greenville (frontier Sandy Ford)   -   FLHM F-183
  one block south of U.S. 90 in front of Baptist Chu WM79X5      

The Wardlaw-Smith house   -   FLHM F-230
  U.S. 90 (Base and Washington Streets). WM4MB6      

W.T. Davis Building   -   FLHM F-902
  at SW Range Ave and SW Rutledge St., Madison, FL WMRPXB      

Wardlaw-Smith-Goza Conference Center   -    
  U.S. 90 at Base and Washington Streets in Madison, FL. WM4MHY      

 

M  - The marker is missing.
R  - The marker has been removed.