|Latitude 34 North|
Historic Markers Across Florida
Oldest known house in town. In 1855 Dr. James A. Stewart built a two-room log cabin for his office. Additions were made, including second story and two sand rock chimneys. In 1917 John Merry added front porch with octagon.
In remodeling, original hand-hewn logs and pegs were found in old construction.
Placed by John Alden Chapter, Colonial Dames XVII Century, April 27, 1980 \