Historic Markers Across Florida



Holy Trinity



Marker ID: FLHM F-538
Location: corner of Fee Avenue and U.S. 1, Melbourne
County: Brevard
Coordinates: N 28° 4.816    W 080° 37.35
  28.08026666    -80.6225
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMN9W1
 



Text:

First organized in 1884, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church was erected in 1886 on land donated by Lucy Boardman, who also provided plans for the building. Founding members of the congregation included the Goode, Campbell, Miller, Ely, Ellis and Grubb families as well as Hector, McBride, Gibbs, and Mason. The church, built of virgin Georgia heart pine, was located south of Crane Creek. Members from the north side of the creek arrived by boat and after 1895, by footbridge. The building was moved in 1897 to land donated by W.T. Wells at the corner of Fee Avenue and U.S. 1, Melbourne. Repaired and stuccoed in 1927, the building was moved to its present location in 1963.

Sponsors: Brevard County Historical Commission and the Florida Department of State


Notes:

City: Melbourne, FL