Historic Markers Across Florida



Sullivan House and Surrounding Area



Marker ID:  
Location: 1470 Highland Ave., Eau Gallie area
County: Brevard
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

This house probably dates to the era of 1900 and was occupied in the 1910-1912 period by the Sullivan Family who lived upstairs and operated an ice cream parlor downstairs. Later a restaurant occupied the house.

Across the street, where the police station is located, was once the home of the pioneer Rogero Family who first came to Merritt Island in 1902 from St. Augustine. Capt. Albert Rogero operated a boat line between Merritt Island, Eau Gallie and Cocoa for 16 years. The family moved to Eau Gallie in 1911.

Going north, the house next to the Brevard Art Museum was probably built about 1890 and was a boarding house at one time, catering mostly to young bachelors.