Historic Markers Across Florida



Blunt Reservation and Fields



Marker ID: FLHM F-120
Location: on Highway 20 on grounds of Sheriff's Dept.-Courth
County: Calhoun
Coordinates: N 30° 26.599    W 085° 02.599
  30.44331666    -85.04331666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM75WN
 



Text:

Blunt Reservation and Fields


This is the western boundary of a reservation set aside by the treaty of Fort Moultrie and given to John Blunt (Blount) one of the six principal chiefs of the Florida Indians. The Apalachicola River was the eastern boundary. The treaty was ratified January 2, 1824. Signers of the treaty were William P. Duval, James Gadsden, Bernard Sequi, Nea Mathla, John Blunt, Tuski Hajo, Mulatto King, Emathlochee and Econchatimico. Blounstown was named after him.





F-120 In Cooperation with Calhoun County Board of County Commissioners 1964



Notes:

City: Blountstown, FL