Historic Markers Across Florida



Rosemary Cemetery



Marker ID:  
Location: at the intersection of Pine Ridge Road and Tamiami Trail North (U.S. 41), Naples, FL
County: Collier
Coordinates: N 26° 12.665    W 081° 47.972
  26.21108333    -81.79953333
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Opened in 1931, Rosemary Cemetery was originally established on twenty acres of land given by Edward W. Crayton, a prominent Naples citizen and president of the Naples Improvement Company. It served as the town's only cemetery until 1955. The graves of several pioneer families were moved to this site during the 1930's from an earlier cemetery once located at Third Street and Tenth Avenue South in old Naples. Among those believed buried here are John and Madison Weeks, Naples' first permanent settlers. The last known interment at Rosemary Cemetery occurred in 1947.

1993 by Collier County Board of County Commissioners.