Historic Markers Across Florida



Beaches Museum Chapel



Marker ID:  
Location: 381 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville Beach, FL
County: Duval
Coordinates: N 30° 17.306    W 081° 23.591
  30.28843333    -81.39318333
Style: Interpretative Sign **
Waymark: WMRTNA
 



Text:

Beaches Museum Chapel
In Honor of Frances Deyampert McCondichie


The Beaches Museum Chapel, also known as the old St. Paul's Episcopal By-The-Sea, is one of the oldest remaining structures at the Beaches. It was built in 1887 two blocks south of this location and two blocks south from the ocean in what is now Jacksonville Beach, then known at Pablo Beach. It was the first Protestant church constructed for the beach residents. Previously, worship services were held at the Murray Hall Hotel, which burned down only a few years later. The chapel was moved to the Pablo Historical Park in 2012 and officially reopened to the public in 2013.

Beaches Museum & History Park