Historic Markers Across Florida



Trinity Episcopal Church



Marker ID: FLHM F-134
Location: 6th Ave. at Ave. D on church grounds.
County: Franklin
Coordinates: N 29° 43.532    W 084° 59.163
  29.72553333    -84.98605
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM7BC3
 



Text:

This original structure of white pine had previously been cut into sections in New York and floated by sailing vessel down the Atlantic Coast and around the Florida keys before it was erected on this site. This parish was first organized in 1836 by The Reverend Fitch W. Taylor, Diocese of Maryland, but on February 11, 1837, it was incorporated by the Legislative Council of the Territory of Florida. Vestrymen at the time of the church´s incorporation were Colin Mitchel, John Gorrie, E. Wood, George S. Middlebrook, Hiram Nourse, William G. Porter, C.E. Bartlett, Ludlum S. Chittenden, and George Field. Membership rolls include the names of some of Florida´s pioneer settlers-Orman, Raney, Grady, Whiteside, Oven Branch, and many others.

Apalachicola Historical Society In Cooperation With Florida Board of Parks and Historic - 1966


Notes:

City: Apalachicola, FL