Historic Markers Across Florida



Hillsborough Lodge Number 25 F.&A.M.



Marker ID:  
Location: at W Morgan St and N Moon Ave., Brandon, FL
County: Hillsborough
Coordinates: N 27° 56.404    W 082° 17.286
  27.94006666    -82.2881
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMTXN9
 



Text:

Brandon Masonic Lodge
No. 114, F.&A.M.
1890-1990



"Freemasons" have helped build and lead America for over 200 years. The members of the Brandon Masonic Lodge, chartered Jan. 22, 1890, have done the same for their respective communities during the past 100 years. Originally named Hacienda Lodge No. 114, F.&A.M., its first meetings were held in the rooms over "Pemberton's Store" in Seffner. In 1897 the Lodge moved to Thonostosassa, returning to Seffner in 1912. The Lodge moved to its current site in 1924 on land donated by Mrs. E. B. Linsley where a two-story structure was erected and stood until the present building was dedicated Aug. 24, 1874.

Brandon Lodge is also home to Linsley Chapter No. 152 Order of the Eastern Star chartered Aug. 1, 1925. Brandon Assembly No. 23 Order of Rainbow, Brandon Chapter Order of DeMolay and Brandon High Twelve Club No. 462.

Dedicated in honor of our centennial