Historic Markers Across Florida



Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church



Marker ID:  
Location: on U.S. 90 East, Madison
County: Madison
Coordinates: N 30° 26.624    W 083° 20.016
  30.44373333    -83.3336
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMBKMM
 



Text:

For the Glory of God Macedonia Church was established as a mission of Pine Grove Church, 1859. It first met in a log building near the southwest corner of the cemetery. Charter members of the church were: Manning]. and Cynthia Williams, Henderson M. and Mary Frier, Elias and Emoline Pert, Georgia Ann Hudson, and Sarah Cornett. The assisting Elders were Ryan and Henderson Frier. It sponsored the organization of Faith Church, 1964. Always scripturally sound and busy in Missionary outreach, Macedonia is a monument to the Grace of God.

Sponsored by The Macedonia Church and The Middle Florida Baptist Association in cooperation with The Madison County Historical Society


Notes:

Two sided marker - Middle Florida Missionary Baptist Association