Historic Markers Across Florida



William Bassett Chapter



Marker ID:  
Location: on 15th St at 6th Ave. Bradenton
County: Manatee
Coordinates: N 27° 29.674    W 082° 32.867
  27.49456666    -82.54778333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2WXM
 



Text:

The Manatee Village Historical Park was created as a gift to the people of Manatee County by the Historical Commission and the HOME Committee in remembrance of our Nation´s Two Hundredth Birthday in the year 1976. Two historical buildings, Manatee County´s original court house and the old Manatee Methodist Church were saved from destruction and moved into the Park. The old Court House was built in 1860 on the ´Court House Square´, two blocks north of this site. It was the County Court House until 1866 when it was purchased by the Methodist Congregation to be the Parsonage and later a family residence. State Archives show that the old Court House is the oldest standing original County Court House building in the State of Florida. The old Church was built in 1886 and consecrated in 1889 by the First Christian Congregation on the Florida Mainland South of Tampa.

Erected in memory of Gen. John N. Robinson by the William Bassett Chapter CDXVIIC of Florida


Notes:

City: Bradenton, FL