Historic Markers Across Florida



St. Paul's Episcopal Church - (1832)



Marker ID: FLHM 
Location: corner of Eden and Duval Streets
County: Monroe
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Oldest in Florida diocese, the present church (1912) is the fourth on this site. John Fleming, one of the four original owners of the island, is buried here. His widow donated the property, stipulating that the church pews be free. Rectory built 1853. The chimes, first installed in a Florida church, were originally in a frame church (1886) destroyed in 1909 hurricane.


Notes:

City: Key West, FL