Historic Markers Across Florida



Mount Olive Baptist Church



Marker ID:  
Location: County Road 107, Nassauville, FL
County: Nassau
Coordinates: N 30° 34.724    W 081° 31.136
  30.57873333    -81.51893333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMQ9B1
 



Text:

The first structure was built a few yards from the present building. The current structure was erected in 1920. The property was donated by David and Scheldonnia Brooks to the church's trustee board which consisted of E. D. Blue, James E. Blue, Ben Johnson, Isaiah White, and Tony Milton. The pioneering mothers of the church were Luvenia Blue, Polly Psalms Blue, and Silla Brooks. The last mother of the church was Luella Hooper Aikens who died in 1993.

In recognition of its historic significance, the Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church was officially listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 28, 1998 by the National Park Service, Department of the Interior, Washington, DC.

The Great-Great-Great-Great Grandchildren
of the individuals identified on the marker 2002