Historic Markers Across Florida



Rabbit Hill



Marker ID: DAR F-169
Location: South Lake Trail, Palm Beach, FL
County: Palm Beach
Coordinates: N 26° 42.253    W 080° 02.594
  26.70421666    -80.04323333
Style: Free Standing **
Status: The marking is missing.
Waymark: None
 



Text:

“Rabbit Hill “


One of the oldest houses standing in Palm Beach, built in 1891 by Dr. John H. Brelsford, who came here in 1881 with his brother E.M. Brelsford. Alligators, bear, wildcats - and rabbits - abounded. Seminole Indians in their dugout canoes brought deer meat across Lake Worth to trade for oranges and Billy Bowlegs visited here. H.M. Flagler bought the property in 1901 and it was sold to James Y. Arnold in 1944 to become the site of his famous orchid collection.






F-440 Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials
In Cooperation
With Palm Beach Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution
1969



Notes:

City: Palm Beach, FL