Historic Markers Across Florida



Boynton Woman's Club



Marker ID: FLHM F-355
Location: US 1 at SE 10th Ave in parking area, Boynton Beach, FL
County: Palm Beach
Coordinates: N 26° 31.127    W 080° 03.487
  26.51878333    -80.05811666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMRVWX
 



Text:

Boynton Woman's Club


The Boynton Woman´s Club was designed in the Mediterranean Revival style by the famous Palm Beach architect Addison C. Mizner. The Woman´s Club is significant for both its architectural merit and contributions to the cultural development of Boynton Beach. The club was built in 1925 as a memorial to the founder of the town, Major Nathan S. Boynton. Along with providing a social and civic center for the community, it served as the town´s first public library and the first meeting place for several local churches and service organizations. The second floor features a grand ballroom and stage. The building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.





F355 The Palm Beach Town Committee of
the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America
in cooperation with
the Florida Department of State
1995



Notes:

City: Boynton Beach, FL