Historic Markers Across Florida



Old St. Ann's Church



Marker ID: DAR 
Location: N. Olive Ave at 2nd St.-310 N. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach, FL
County: Palm Beach
Coordinates: N 26° 42.928    W 080° 03.104
  26.71546666    -80.05173333
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WMRTPY
 



Text:

Old St. Ann's Church


Dedicated March 15, 1898, on the southeast comer of Rosemary and Datura Streets. In 1902, it was moved to this site donated by Henry Flagler and served the Catholic community until 1913, when the new church was dedicated. The old church was then used as the forerunner of St. Ann’s School built in 1925. St. Ann’s Church is the oldest Catholic church and parish in the Diocese of Palm Beach. It was developed by the fathers of the Society of Jesus. Marker placed by Seminole Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1986.





F-669/td>

Seminole Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution
1986