Historic Markers Across Florida



Pasco County



Marker ID: FLHM F-56
Location: on Courthouse grounds in Dade City.
County: Pasco
Coordinates: N 28° 21.856    W 082° 11.341
  28.36426666    -82.18901666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2R73
 



Text:

Pasco County was created from Hernando county on May 12, 1867. The area was first inhabited by Muscogee Indians and the first white men in the area came with Spanish explorer Panfilo de Narvaez in May, 1528. Narvaez fought the Indians near the Withlacoochee River before moving northward. Few white settlers were in the area until the 1840´s. It is the home of St. Leo College and is noted for citrus and naval stores.

Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials 1961


Notes:

City: San Antonio, FL