Historic Markers Across Florida



Seven Springs



Marker ID:  
Location: On Little Rd. at Golf View Dr., Seven Springs, FL
County: Pasco
Coordinates: N 28° 12.700    W 082° 39.949
  28.21166666    -82.66581666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMGYHW
 



Text:

Early residents of this area were Samuel H. Stevenson and his wife, Elizabeth, who believed in the therapeutic benefits of the mineral springs now known as Seven Springs. It became somewhat of a health resort after Stevenson created a pool by installing a well pipe and diverting water from a spring. The pool overflowed into the Anclote River, where a small bath house was built for guests and mineral water was given to anyone who wanted it. An old iron bridge with wood decking was nearby. A truck carrying molasses once fell through it.

The Seven Springs School, which was built on land owned by T.J. Witt, served local families from about 1913 to 1925. His widow later made the school into her residence and her son and daughter-in-law, Ed and Wille Maude Frierson, later lived in the building as well. Mrs. Frierson operated a small dairy after World War II. When the property was sold for development, the school building was moved in 1981 to Sims Park in New Port Richey and became the West Pasco Historical Museum.

This former pioneer settlement and early resort area is part of what is now Seven Springs Golf and Country Club and the Trinity Community.

The Pasco Board of County Commissioners and The Pasco County Historical Preservation Committee