Historic Markers Across Florida



St. Mary's Episcopal Church



Marker ID:  
Location: On Magnolia Ave between 11th and 12th Sts., Dade City, FL
County: Pasco
Coordinates: N 28° 21.943    W 082° 11.584
  28.36571666    -82.19306666
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WMGQG0
 



Text:

Organized in 1891, St. Mary's originally served Anglican settlers at Lake Pasadena. Its first resident priest, the Rev. James Neville-Thompson, was ordained there in 1892. After the "Great Freeze" in 1895 the building fell into disuse, while remnants of the congregation held services at the Lock home in Dade City. In 1909 the structure was moved here by mule train. The sacristy was added in 1921, the chancel in 1827 and the body of the church was enlarged in 1975.

The Pasco Board of County Commissioners and the Historical Preservation Committee