Historic Markers Across Florida



Fivay Junction-Greenfield-Tucker Cemetery and Community



Marker ID:  
Location: On Kent Grove Dr. north of Giddens Rd., Land O' Lakes, FL
County: Pasco
Coordinates: N 28° 19.869    W 082° 31.105
  28.33115    -82.51841666
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WMH5D2
 



Text:

This cemetery was established about 1900 on land donated by A.O. Pierce. Marked burials date from 1912. A structure which served as church and public school has since disappeared. The surrounding community has been variously known as "Fivay Junction", "Tucker" and "Greenfield." Fivay Junction served as a shipping point for the timber industry at Fivay, a few miles west. The railhead was also used by Lykes Cattle Co. An in-ground dipping vat, used to rid cattle of ticks, was located nearby.

The Pasco Board of County Commissioners and The Pasco County Historical Preservation Committee
1996