Historic Markers Across Florida



East Elfers Cemetery



Marker ID:  
Location: by the flag pole in the East Elfers Cemetery on Bailie Dr, New Port Richey, FL
County: Pasco
Coordinates: N 28° 14.080    W 082° 41.843
  28.23466666    -82.69738333
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WMQ6PE
 



Text:

HISTORICAL LANDMARK


This site was selected in 1885 by Samuel H. Stevenson, trustee of the Sapling Woods Methodist Church, donated by John Pinder. These men were pioneers of this community. This site known now as East Elfers Cemetery has been used for many of the pioneer families for their final resting place. Veterans of wars in which Americans have fought since the Seminole War are buried in this cemetery.

Passed by the 1980 Legislature as a historical site.