Historic Markers Across Florida



St. Bartholomew's Church



Marker ID: FLHM 
Location: 34th Street South.
County: Pinellas
Coordinates:   
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Oldest church in Pinellas County, it was organized April 20, 1887. It was constructed in the summer of 1887 by a handful of pioneers equipped with crude tools. Built of unturpentined pine, Church records indicate the first building cost $673. Dr. John B. Abercrombie donated an acre of land for the church April 28, 1887. The original Church building has since been enlarged and is still used for regular services.

Sponsors: In Cooperation With St. Bartholomew´s Memorial Committee


Notes:

City: St. Petersburg, FL