Historic Markers Across Florida



Circle B Bar Ranch



Marker ID:  
Location: in the Circle B Bar Ranch Park off FL 540, Lakeland, FL
County: Polk
Coordinates: N 27° 59.706    W 081° 51.886
  27.9951    -81.86476666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMQZVP
 



Text:

Circle B Bar Ranch


The shore of Lake Hancock was home to this region's first settlers. In 1949, Al and Betty Bellotto bought a portion of this property and founded the Cattle B Bar Ranch. Their success in the citrus and cattle industries and desire to conserve open spaces expanded the ranch to more than 1200 acres. In 1994, the citizens of Polk County, recognizing the need to protect natural areas, funded the Polk County Environmental Lands Program. With support from the Southwest Florida Management District this property was purchased from the Bellotto Family in 2000 as a key to the enhancement and protection of the Upper Peace River Watershed.

The Polk County Historical Commission,
Farm Credit of Central Florida,
Polk County Cattleman's Association,
Polk County Farm Bureau