Historic Markers Across Florida



Oldest Presbyterian Church in Florida



Marker ID:  
Location: along the southern end of St. George St in St. Augustine, FL
County: St. Johns
Coordinates: N 29° 53.342    W 081° 18.705
  29.88903333    -81.31175
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMN66P
 



Text:

The oldest presbyterian church in Florida was organized June 10, 1824, as the First Presbyterian Church of St. Augustine. The first church building was erected on this site January 1, 1825. In 1890 the congregation moved into the new sanctuary which Henry Morrison Flagler built on Sevilla and Valencia Streets as a memorial to his daughter, Jennie Louise Benedict.