Historic Markers Across Florida



Lemon Bay Cemetery



Marker ID:  
Location: S Indiana Ave. (rout 776), Englewood, FL.
County: Sarasota
Coordinates: N 26° 57.178    W 082° 21.194
  26.95296666    -82.35323333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM4NXV
 



Text:

Since the late 1800´s the deceased loved ones of Englewood´s pioneer settlers have been laid to rest on this high sandy ridge.
The land for the cemetery was deeded to the citizens of the Lemon Bay area, by means of trustees, by John H. and Florence V. Hill on May 10th. 1900.

The first Board of Trustees were:
John W. Green [-] W.H. (Capt. Hamp) Lampp
William B. Pope [-] Daniel W. Gallop
Ferdinand Gottfried
A Perpetual Care Committee was established on December 13th. 1982.

Sarasota County Historical Commission 1983


Notes:

City: Englewood