|Latitude 34 North|
Historic Markers Across Florida
On this site was the Timucuan Indian Village of Nocoroco. It was mentioned in the report of Alvaro Mexia´s expedition down the Florida east coast in 1605. It was the first Indian village south of St. Augustine noted by Mexia. The site was used during the British Occupation of Florida (1763-83), and probably remained under cultivation until the Seminole wars (1835-42).
City: Ormond Beach, FL